Residential Wiring, Re-Wiring & Outlet Services in DC, MD & VA
Family-owned and -operated Jaffe Electric has over 30 years of experience providing homeowners in the greater Washington, DC, region with comprehensive wiring services. From small outlet projects to complex underground wirings or panel installations, our skilled technicians get the job done right for a fair price.
You can trust Jaffe Electric to get the job done right! Call 301-253-3778 or contact us online to schedule wiring services in the DC area.
Our Wiring Services
Jaffe Electric specializes in:
- Basement wiring: Many homeowners need additional wiring installed when remodeling a basement. Specialized wiring might be required for home entertainment systems, and dedicated circuitry is recommended for large appliances.
- Doorbell wiring: We install wiring for both standard and smart doorbells, so you always know when someone’s at the door!
- Kitchen wiring: Whether you’re remodeling your kitchen or just need to upgrade your wiring to accommodate new appliances and lighting, we give the job the professional care and attention it calls for.
- Outlet installation: When you need new electrical outlets, our electricians are skilled at installing modern outlets that provide safe and reliable power.
- Pool & hot tub wiring: Water and electricity can be a deadly combo. Our professional wiring services ensure you can relax in your pool or hot tub without worrying about risks or hazards.
- Residential wiring installation: Our broad range of home wiring services makes us a true one-stop service for all your electrical needs.
- Telecom wiring: A telecommunications cabling system provides every room in your home with the power it needs for telephones, entertainment and sound systems, lighting, security, and more.
- Thermostat wiring: Thermostats are the “brains” of your heating and cooling system. We professionally install all types of wired thermostats to ensure you and your family are comfortable all year long.
- Underground wiring: Underground electrical wiring saves space and is more aesthetically pleasing than aboveground lines. It’s an ideal choice for exterior lighting, security systems, pools and hot tubs, and more.
- Video surveillance and intercom system wiring: Video surveillance systems let you monitor your home when you’re away or asleep. Intercoms help you build a customized security, entertainment, and communication system in your home.
- Whole-house surge protection: The majority of power surges occur inside the home. A whole-house surge protector ensures your valuable equipment, electronics, and appliances are protected when a power surge occurs.
Frequently Asked Questions About Home Wiring
Is there a difference between a fuse and a circuit breaker?
Fuses and circuit breakers serve the same purpose, disrupting electricity’s flow when a fault is sensed. Fuses need to be replaced once they’ve “blown,” but circuit breakers, which are far more common today, merely need to be flipped back on.
What is a GFCI outlet?
GFCI outlets protect against electrical shock when moisture is present. That’s why you see them most frequently used in kitchens, bathrooms, and laundry rooms. They all feature a reset button that you press to restore electricity to the outlet after it trips.
Why do my lights flicker?
In most cases, light flickering is caused by an outdated electrical system, so you might need to have your electrical panel upgraded or your wiring replaced. Sometimes, it’s merely a loose wire or insufficient power supply.
Can I DIY some of my electrical projects?
We always advise our customers against making their own electrical repairs. Some require a permit, but, more importantly, there’s always a risk of electrical shock or electrocution when working with electricity. Leave it to the pros!
There’s never a good time for a plug to fall out of an electrical outlet. Whether it’s a phone charging overnight or an appliance you’re...