Circuit Breaker Installation, Repair & Replacement in Maryland
Providing Affordable Circuit Breaker Services in MD, DC & VA
If you find your home’s or commercial building’s circuit breaker is constantly switching off, it may be time to have a professional take a look. The circuit breaker helps manage and control the power flow in your home or commercial building, so ignoring what may seem like a small issue could put your building at risk of damage. Jaffe Electric can help you with all your circuit breaker needs, whether you are in need of installation, repair, or replacement, we can help you make sure that your circuit breaker is working correctly.
If you are in need of help with your home or commercial buildings circuit breakers, contact us at 301.253.3778 or fill out a contact form to get started.
Circuit Breaker Installation, Repair & Replacement in Virginia
We provide a full range of circuit breaker services in Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington, DC, including:
- Circuit Breaker Installation – If you are building a new home or you are having renovations done on your house that require you to update your electricity needs, you may need new circuit breakers installed. If your current circuit breaker can’t handle the amount of power your building needs, it is likely time to install an additional circuit breaker.
- Circuit Breaker Repair – Purchasing new appliances is fun, however, they can also become a drain on your home’s or commercial building’s electricity. You may find when you have new appliances installed, that your circuit breaker is constantly tripping. When this continues to happen, it may be a sign that you are in need of circuit breaker repair. If you leave your circuit breaker and it continues to trip, you may do damage to your building’s electrical work.
- Circuit Breaker Replacement – If your home’s breaker switch keeps switching off, you have a switch that is stuck, or your home or business has been struck by lightning, you may need to replace the existing circuit breaker in your home. You can also check your circuit breaker for signs of rust or deterioration, if you see signs of aging, circuit breaker replacement is likely needed. Your circuit breaker manages and controls the electricity that flows in and out of your home; if it is not working correctly, your home or business could be in danger. If you are in need of circuit repair, replacement or installation, contact us by calling 301.253.3778 or fill out a contact form to get started.
Commercial Circuit Breaker Installation, Repair, and Replacement in DC
If you own a commercial building and you feel there may be problems with your building’s circuit breaker, contact Jaffe Electric today. Leaving the issue may not only inconvenience the staff and customers within your commercial building, but it may put the building in danger. It is important to have your commercial building’s circuit breakers repaired or replaced at the first sign of trouble.
At Jaffe Electric, we can meet any commercial circuit breaker needs — large or small. Whether you need a simple circuit breaker upgrade to handle additional voltage or you need to have a malfunctioning circuit breaker repaired, we can help.
Common Circuit Breaker Problems
- Your circuit breaker is constantly tripping
- Your circuit breaker is hot to the touch
- Your breaker panel has a burning smell
- Your circuit breaker is buzzing, hissing, or making other unusual noises
- Your circuit breaker has visible damage like frayed wires or burned metal
If you notice any of these issues or other signs of damage, it is important that you get professional electrical help right away. Ignoring these problems could lead to fires or life-threatening injuries if not remedied.
Ready to schedule circuit breaker repair? Call us at 301.253.3778 or contact us online to get your fast repair now!
Why Choose Jaffe Electric for Circuit Breaker Services MD, VA & DC?
Jaffe Electric began helping customers in the Maryland, DC, and Virginia areas over 20 years ago. Since then, we have built a successful business by providing every customer we visit or speak to with superior service, knowledgeable and highly qualified electricians, and affordable pricing. No matter what job you call us for, you can be assured that you are getting the best in electrical services. At Jaffe, we are committed to staying in touch with what is going on in the electrical world. This means we are well trained in the latest technology and products. Our aim is to turn every new customer into a lifelong customer by providing the highest quality of electrical services.
Request a Free Circuit Breaker Installation or Replacement Cost Estimate in MD, VA & DC
Jaffe Electric offers fast, efficient scheduling, excellent electrical sales, and service and repair by highly trained electricians, as well as competitive pricing. This strategy is what sets us apart from our competition and has made us leaders in the electrical service field in Maryland, Washington, DC, and Northern Virginia.
If you are in need of help with your home or commercial buildings circuit breakers, contact us by calling 301.253.3778 or fill out a service request form to get started.
Frequently Asked Questions About Circuit Breakers
Is it dangerous if the circuit breaker keeps tripping — or just annoying?
The most common reason that a circuit breaker trips is an overloaded circuit. If the breaker trips frequently, add up the current rating of all the devices on that circuit. For a standard 120-volt outlet, the maximum load should not exceed 15 amps. If the devices are below the circuit’s rating, then there may be a problem with the breaker itself, the wiring, an outlet, or one of the devices. To avoid dangerous conditions like overheated wires or short circuits, call our team at Jaffe Electric to have the circuit inspected as soon as possible.
What causes a circuit breaker to trip?
A circuit breaker can trip when more than the rated load is connected, such as two 10-amp loads on a 15-amp circuit. A breaker can also trip due to a short circuit, which happens when the neutral and hot wires are connected directly together, such as when a nail pierces an electrical cable in a wall. Finally, a ground fault surge can also trip the breaker, which happens when a hot wire is connected directly to a ground wire or a grounded metal object.
How can I prevent frequent breaker trips?
The best way to prevent tripped breakers is to be aware of the total load placed on the circuit. Nearly every electrical device has the current specification listed on the exterior somewhere. Add up the current draw for all the devices and make sure it is less than the circuit’s total current rating, such as 15 amps for a standard 120-volt outlet. Be aware that motors can draw 3 to 10 times the normal current for a second or two on initial startup. For example, if a 3-amp motor is plugged into a 15-amp circuit with an existing 10-amp load, the breaker may trip as the motor starts.
What is an AFCI breaker?
Normal breakers will trip due to overloads, short circuits, or ground fault surges. Many household fires, however, are caused by arcing between hot and neutral or hot and ground. This arcing is not enough of a load to trip a standard breaker, but it can cause metal terminals, wire insulation, and nearby plastics to overheat, melt, or catch fire. AFCI circuit breakers can detect arc faults, ground faults, overloads, and short circuits for improved safety.
There’s never a good time for a plug to fall out of an electrical outlet. Whether it’s a cellphone charging overnight or an appliance you’re...