Maryland Generator Maintenance & Inspections
You’re going to be depending greatly on your generator for the comfort and safety of your home when severe weather rolls around or your electric company experiences a blackout. Because of this, it’s important that your generator is properly maintained. Without regular generator maintenance in Maryland, your generator is more likely to fail when you need it most.
Jaffe Electric is a licensed and professional electrician specializing in backup generator installation, generator repairs, and generator maintenance and inspections in Maryland. Call us at 301.253.3778 or contact us online for a free estimate!
At Jaffe Electric, we complete a comprehensive, 8-step generator maintenance checklist during your generator inspection. This includes:
- Checking the condition of the generator – We’ll begin your annual generator maintenance by looking for any issues with the condition of your generator, such as buttons that are stuck, loose wires, frayed wires, loose connections, or corroded elements. If we notice any damaged components, we’ll repair them on the spot!
- Removing any debris around the generator – For your generator to run properly, the area it rests in needs to be clean and clear of any debris—leaves, sticks, dirt, etc. One of the easiest ways to destroy a generator is through debris getting into its alternator.
- Checking the generator’s battery – Our electricians will check the voltage of your generator’s battery and replace it if necessary.
- Replacing your generator’s lubricant oil – The lubricant oil in your generator needs to be changed once a year, no matter how often the generator is used. However, air cooled generators need to have their oil changed every 30 or 40 hours of operation. Liquid cooled generators need to have their oil changed every 100 hours of operation.
- Replacing the spark plugs, if necessary – This ensures that nothing will go wrong with the spark plug while you’re generator is running while power is out at your home.
- Checking the bolts – You may need to tighten the bolts on the generator as they tend to loosen after regular usage.
- Checking the fuel levels – If the generator hasn’t been used in at least six months, then the fuel sitting in it will most likely lose its effectiveness. Consider adding a fuel stabilizer or bleeding the fuel and replacing it.
- Testing the generator’s start-up capability – The generator should be started up on a regular basis to make sure that it’s working smoothly. At the very least, start it up every six months.
Why Choose Jaffe Electric for Generator Maintenance in Maryland?
Jaffe Electric is Maryland’s trusted affordable electrician. We work with you to find the best, most affordable solution to all of your electrical needs—from generator inspections to breaker panel replacement, lighting design, outlet installation, and more.
All of our Maryland electricians are fully-licensed, insured, and background checked to work in your home.
Schedule Generator Maintenance in Maryland Today
To schedule generator maintenance in Maryland from Jaffe Electric, call us at 301.253.3778 or contact us online to schedule service.